Green Thumb -1

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Last year I had the opportunity to enjoy some of our community garden’s delicious perfect organic vegetables which I didn’t grow by the way, that I decided this year to do everything in power to become a member, attend meetings , and participate in all city community gardening events , I met the person in charge, she explained who will be planting , where and what, I was happy to learn that kids from couple of primary schools near by will be planting as well, she also showed me my planting bed, I was thrilled, that was in mid April, I thought that was quiet large for a first time grower in many many moons.

We the members were also very lucky to have a huge truck load of very rich soil with compost brought in, they created growing beds for us and brought most of the veggie and herbs plants, tiny but they were plants, what else can we ask for he…he.

Green Thumb Organization provided us with the entire gardening tools we need, is that cool or what!

So i got to work, i and planted small rows of tomatoes, green peppers, eggplant, cabbage, basil and broccoli.

It’s now almost the end of May and this is what my little organic vegetable garden looks like, I am happy to say.. they all look happy and i am happier, i can see a tiny broccoli heads are showing already, WOW!

I do take care of my little garden of course.. I am going to take pics as they grow and post them.






Ayelet *:•♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥*:•

No comments :