{Organic Urban Community Garden}

Saturday, July 16, 2011


Every year our community plant a veggie garden and so this year, the garden is practically 2 doors form my apartment, I have to admit that I didn’t have much time to dedicate and contribute to growing it and maintaining it but we are very fortunate to have a true gardening avid, a retired man that gardening is his passion, he practically spend his entire day working there.

Last year we followed basic instruction from our sponsors in growing methods , one of them was to each grow its own box, this year we decided to grow the “community way”, plant by type , and so here is what’s out so far.







Tomatoes are still Green continuing to soak up the sun’s warmth, they look much happier together.





Japanese Eggplant- Is so beautiful and plumped, almost ready for picking.



I picked the first 3 cucumbers they smell so fresh made a cool minty salad with chives and yogurt as soon as I got home, I was so excited I forgot to take a pic to show you. :)


Basil is calling – Pick me, pick me!




Ayelet*:*:•♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥












2 comments :

ohkeeka said...

Before we got a house, we lived in a building with a community garden too. It was so wonderful to socialize with the neighbors, learn new gardening tips, exchange veggies--I loved it!

It looks like you could make a HUGE batch of pesto right now with all that basil. :)

Ayelet said...

Yes I can probably make a pesto sauce! It’s nice to be able to get pick veggies form the garden especially organic:)